Saturday, July 9, 2011

On your marks...Get set....

Goooooooooooooooo!!! One more week and I'm off! 


To give a suuuper quick summary: I will be spending the next year in Ecuador with Rostro de Cristo ("Face of Christ") working as a volunteer (most likely teaching English!) while living in a spiritual community and carrying out a simple lifestyle. I don't have a lot of details yet, but I will be keeping this blog to document future adventures (eating guinea pig, perhaps?? :) ) and the many challenges (cold showers...) to come! My communication will be limited to emailing from internet cafes and letter-writing, but I will be in touch as often as possible and would appreciate frequent email updates and stories :)

In case you are curious, here is a link to Rostro de Cristo's webpage. You can check out the program and what they do! 


I should find out some more info while in Boston for training July 18th-31st. I can't wait to write some real updates on this blog and put pictures up! Get ready!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment