Sunday, July 31, 2011

I believe...

Our "homework" during the last week has been to compose a personal creed. To reflect on what we believe and find some way to express it in words. I would like to share mine with you:

I believe we are all God's children
Broken and beautiful, desperate for love
I believe that wonder and joy surround us
Waiting to be discovered, acknowledged, cherished
I believe in true, transforming love
And that the possibility of such love outweighs the risk of heartbreak
I believe in taking time to play
To listen deeply
To laugh with your whole body
To be silent and still
I believe in holding hands and walking together
In family
In friendship
I believe in responding with love
In smiling with kind eyes
In a gentle touch that says, "I'm here"
I believe in the "maybes" and the "somedays"
I believe in me
I believe in you

No comments:

Post a Comment